Friday, July 30, 2010

Can babies lose hair due to shampooing their hair?

My boyfriend swears the reason our 4 month old daughter who was born with a full head of hair who is losing her hair because when we give her a bath we wash her hair with johnsons baby shampoo and the ';scrubbing'; of her head is making it fall out. (which keep in mind its not scrubbing more like just a little massage to get the shampoo on the whole head and rinse) Can this be true? I was always just told all babie lose their hair but it gows back...but he wont believe me!Can babies lose hair due to shampooing their hair?
Babies often lose their first hair. My daughter (now 6 years old) was born with a full head of black hair. Her hair was stunning. I live in Sweden (I'm married to a swedish guy). When my daughter was 4 months old I decided to travel to Scotland with her so that all my relatives and friends could see my wee one at last. A couple of weeks before we travelled, she started to lose her hair. When the day came to travel she only had half a head of hair. A couple of weeks later all her hair had gone and her new (light brown) had started to come in.


Her hair is still beautiful - but I remember the shock of her hair coming out so quickly in these early days..... It really was quite dramatic and if I hadn't been prepared for this happening it would have been traumatic too.





Here is a website with information about hair loss in babies:


http://www.babycenter.com/0_hair-loss_85鈥?/a>Can babies lose hair due to shampooing their hair?
maybe the baby has that dirt thing i forgot what it called, so when u was da baby hair the hair would fall out. thats wat happen to my son, and now its so long.
You are right. Newborns often lose their ';newborn'; hair and it grows back. It's not because you are scrubbing it off.
everyone had hair b4 you ';real hair'; grows in but you have ';peach fuzz'; that needs to fall of and ';tell you new hair where to grow';

No comments:

Post a Comment