Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I need baby advice on baby bath tubs, shampoo, lotions...?

I wanna buy a baby bath tub for newborn to toddler. I've been looking everywhere, but i cant really make up my mind. any advice?


also, what is the best baby shampoo/lotions to buy for the baby?


and, how about baby bottles? any recomendations?I need baby advice on baby bath tubs, shampoo, lotions...?
For a baby tub I bought the Sure Comfort Deluxe tub by First Years (you can get it at Target or Babies R Us). For shampoo and lotions I just got the Johnson %26amp; Johnson Head to Toe wash and their Night Time lotion (it's the one w/ lavendar). For bottles I bought the Classic bottles without bpa from Evenflo- they're only 2.99 for 3 bottles!I need baby advice on baby bath tubs, shampoo, lotions...?
baby bath tubs are all about the same. you definitely want one that can be used with a newborn and then will convert for when baby can sit up. i just use johnson and johnson baby shampoo and lotions. they seem to not bother him and the no more tears really makes me worry less about getting it in his eyes. Please the Dr. Browns bottles are good but they are so aggravating. they have sooo many pieces. the playtex ventairs are just as good and so much easier to wash and put together. if i had it to do over again i would have only bought the ventairs and wouldn't have even fooled with the dr browns. when the baby is young though make sure you do use a better bottle to reduce colic. then when they get bigger and the risk of colic decreases you could switch to the cheaper ones.
I never bought a tub for my boys, the kitchen sink worked quite well, but if you're going to bath them every day it would make sense.





For lotions, shampoos and soaps I'd look at SkinDeep, a website that lists the general ingredients and their safety. It's good to remember that babies have very thin skin and they can absorb a lot more of the chemicals that we use on their skin then we can. The better lotions and soaps for babies, in terms of the ingredients, are California Baby and Burt's Bees products, but there are others. The link is below.
I found a tub that had a mesh thing the abby layed on that came out as they got older .Johnsons is the best i have found. As for bottles I tried all Dr Browns were a life saver! A little pricy but TOTALLY worth it
you can get the generic kind. But i recommend the soothing lavender..I know johnsons sells it, and there are generics. but I;ve used both and they work... baby goes to sleep easier(couple that with a bath tho)


For bottles i would say jst get the reg kind, I spent abt 30 for 5 bottles. those kind that are supposed to prevent gas, and colic etc.. no difference.. except when trying to clean a bottle--you have to take all these pieces apt and try not to lose them.. and then sometimes the stopper wouldnt be fully in place(it appeared to be) and as soon as i made the bottle it wld leak everywhere) so reg bottles are fine.





Same thing with the tub--see if you can find one with the thermometer sticker.. that helps or just get one and measure the tmp of water.... the one i had, had a net to hold the baby and a padding for their head..
The regular bath tub is fine.


Generic lotions are fine unless your baby is sensitive then go with aveeno.


I have eight baby bottles.
I was a very nervous new mom and I bought a newborn bath (2nd hand) that positioned my son to sit up. I loved it. i didn't have to worry about him falling or slipping. It gave me both hands free to wash him. I was too nervous to try any other kinds.





I like the Aveeno baby products.

No comments:

Post a Comment