Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Should i use shampoo on my 7weeks old baby hair and cream her body?

yes, even before 7wks it's ok to use shampoo- as long as it is gentle. Specifically a baby shampoo and lotion would be best. Also, if you are to wash the baby's body- use mild soaps like Johnson's baby body wash. They come in really nice smells now...Should i use shampoo on my 7weeks old baby hair and cream her body?
cream her body? you pervertShould i use shampoo on my 7weeks old baby hair and cream her body?
Yeah Baby Shampoo is made especially for baby's sensitive head and there's baby lotion that you can use as well, Johnson N Johnson make great baby hygeine products, no tears shampoo, lotion, baby wash and such
Shampoo and lotions are fine. I mean think about it. Hours after the baby is born they get a bath and their hair shampooed so yes it's ok.
i did when she was a week up to now she is perfectly fine and shes 7 months
Right away, I use johnson %26amp; johnson's tear free, also there is johnson %26amp; johnson all over baby wash for body and hair. I also use just regular old johnson %26amp; johnson baby lotion. and for rough spots occasionally on the cheeks I dab a bit of regular vaseline. I'm a big fan of the plain stuff, been used forever on babies. I love it for myself as well. And for occasional dry lips a dab of vaseline as well because it has nothing but the petroleum jelly in it. they also have that I think it's lanoline jelly for breastfeeding and dry nipples that is safe for dry lips on a baby.
Of course! Just make sure you get the tear-less shampoo that won't hurt baby's eyes. If baby's skin is dry, a good baby lotion will not hurt. Btw--congratulations on your new addition!
There is a reason they make shampoo and lotion specifically labeled for Babies.





The reason you want to be careful what you use on them is because their skin is so fragile and new. If you put something harsh on them, it may cause them to break out or get an allegic reaction. Best to start out with gentle not harsh.
I have used baby shampoo and baby lotion since the day he was born. His hair is fine. The doctor has told me to use lotion on the baby since he gets really dry skin.





I would suggest using shampoos and lotions that are specially made for the baby. Using ';adult'; shampoos could be too harsh on the baby's hair and skin.
Johnsons head to toe is what I have found to be the best! Its tearless (not that you want to get it in her eyes) and you use it all over. My 3 yr old still uses it.


Good Luck and Congrats on the new baby


God Bless


P.S. Email me if you wanna chat knight_janette@yahoo.com
yup, babies get really stinky when you do not shampoo em and cream them.
as long as it's specifically formulated for a baby's sensitive skin, both should be fine. =) and congratulations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment