Monday, July 26, 2010

Do you think baby shampoo is safe for rabbits?

Because that 'rabbit' shampoo is soooo exspensive and I thought I'd try baby shampoo. I've read the ingedients and it seems sooo gentle. What do you think?








http://images.buzzillions.com/images_pro鈥?/a>


Do you think baby shampoo is safe for rabbits?
Of course! I once used baby shampoo on my rabbit and it worked pefectly!Do you think baby shampoo is safe for rabbits?
It might be. But you could also use a non-medicated shampoo for dogs or cats on your rabbit. If you can find one of these dog or cat shampoo, try fining hypoallergenic non-soap shampoo with moisterizers or conditioners. Don't use human shampoos, they are very drying to animals. Make sure your rabbit doesn't feel chilled during it's bath. Use a hair-dryer and set it to a warm setting, but don't set it too high, heat stress may happen to your rabbit. If you have to wash your rabbits face, don't let shampoo get into your rabbits eyes.





I hope I helped!! Good luck!
Yes. I think you can use it on them but make sure you get ALL of the soap out. Also you could go to the pet store and buy rabbit shampoo. It works really well. You can use it on guinea pigs as well and that's what I did with my guniea pig and you just have to use warm water (not hot just warm) and rinse out the soap really well.
I wouldn't, we had 2 rabbits for about a year and only used the shampoo about 5 times.


You won't need it that much so go ahead and buy some, it'll last you forever. You should probably ask your vet before using baby shampoo...
If your talking about Johnson's baby shampoo then its ok.
yip





thats what i used on my rabbit

No comments:

Post a Comment