Wednesday, July 28, 2010

When did you stop using baby wash/shampoos?

Just curious? My son is 13 months old and we're still going through all his baby washes that we got as gifts. Is there a time when I should stop using them? Or does it really matter at all?When did you stop using baby wash/shampoos?
my daughter is 3 and we are still using Johnson %26amp; Johnson head to toe baby wash for her (and my 1 1/2 y/o son as well).





I have switched over to the J%26amp;J no tangles Shampoo though, since her hair is so long now.


I will continue to use this mild soap until she can bathe herself w/out my help. the reason...we tried a different kind of ';baby wash'; and she got a UTI so bad that they almost kept in her hospital.


Never had this issue when we used J%26amp;J. i have been using the detachable shower head to bath her for a while now to prevent UTI...but i still feel more comfortable using J%26amp;J since it's very gentle. I myself use the body wash! it smells SO good..and i use the lotion as well. I dont use the shampoo, only because my hair is colored and it would ruin that....plus i need a conditioner.





My two oldest (13 and 11) didn't switch over till they too were taking showers alone. around at 5 or 6. and then we used Suave Kids shampoo and body wash. Now i get regular shampoo and body wash for them.When did you stop using baby wash/shampoos?
My son will be 6 next month and i still use them on him. My daughter is 4 and has sensitive skin. I started becoming really concerned about the chemicals in...everything lately after doing some reading about my daughters skin dryness. I only use the organic stuff on them. chemicals seep into childrens skin much more than adults and it concerns me. I used to use Aveeno sensitive skin baby wash, i learned it has alot of chemicals that arent good for anyone. just because something says baby or senstive, doesnt mean it is good. I think i am sounding like a freak right now but, i have read up alot on things that i put on my kids skin, sunscreen...bad, bug spray...bad...alot of baby lotions, creams and washes...bad. Even some of the organinc,or health food store products are not so good. I try and use the Chemical free prodcuts as much as possible.





So, depending on how you feel about these things. If your child doesnt have sensitive skin and doesnt react to the adult stuff than you can use it. Just use what you have then use what you use. Except for the shampoo, you dont want it to get into his little eyes.
A good time to stop using them is when his skin can handle regular soap.





My kids started using regular soap around 5 years old. Before that, it just dried out their skin too much.





I stopped using the baby shampoo around 2 years old and switched to a tear-free kids shampoo. Loreal and Suave both make decent ones. It's gentler on their hair and doesn't make them scream if it gets in their eyes.
I think I used it on my daughter until she was like 4 or 5! Her brother was born when she was 3.5 and i just kept right on going. It's cheap, smells nice, and is easy on sensitive skin.





Now my daughter is almost 9 and she must use grown up stuff or she smells bad, but for you, keep right on using those freebies!
Nope, it doesn't really matter. Soap is soap and gets the job done regardless. My daughter is 23 months and we've just recently moved her up to toddler products (Sauve 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner Smoothers and Johnson's Super Sudzers E-Z grip soap)
I don't think it really matters at all. I still put Johnson's bedtime bath stuff in the bath and my daughter is nearly 2 and we still use baby shampoo. I don't think it matters LOL :)
I knew this guy in his 20's (he had short hair) he used baby shampoo-he had the softest hair I had ever felt! Which is why he used it, he liked to impress the girls!
it really doesn't matter lOl my sister was 15 and still used aby shampoo hahahah
i use it myself for face wash its good for all ages so i guess when they start needing conditioner maybe
my son will be 20 months on friday and i still use baby shampoos





what else would i use?
  • colorsilk
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment