Friday, July 30, 2010

If a pregnant woman accidentally ingests some shampoo, what can happen to her and the baby?

I'm 2 months pregnant so I'm trying to be extra careful. But last night, I was shampooing my hair when my left eye started throbbing because of suds that got into it. I only focused on the pain and I started sloshing water on it with my right hand. My mouth was open the whole time. Then, I realized that there could still be shampoo on my hand because I just started shampooing and I didn't have time to check my hand before washing my eye. So I washed my mouth with water and spit a few times. I wanted to induce vomitting but I didn't because I didn't know if that could be bad too. I'm so afraid right now. What could have happened to my baby? It's been 10 hours since it happened. I need answers, please.If a pregnant woman accidentally ingests some shampoo, what can happen to her and the baby?
Oh, don't worry. Even if you sloshed a fair amount of shampoo in your mouth the most it will do is give you a bit of diarrhea. It won't hurt your baby. Don't be afraid to call your Dr's office and speak with their nurse regarding concerns such as this.





And don't ever induce vomiting without speaking with Poison Control first. You were right not too. Some chemicals will do more harm when brought back up from the stomach.If a pregnant woman accidentally ingests some shampoo, what can happen to her and the baby?
Did you taste shampoo? If you've ever got soap of any kind in your mouth it leaves a horrible taste and you would know it. Even if you did get a small amount in your mouth you will be find. So stop worrying! The worrying is probably worse for you than a little bit of shampoo in your mouth.
IF you dont fell sick then you probably didnt swallow anything or you didnt swallow enough to do anyharm. If you are sitll concerned I would honestly recommoned going to see your docter. Everything is fine with you and your baby. Congrats on the new baby!
Unless you took the bottle of shampoo and started drinking it, I think you're fine. A few drops of shampoo is not going to do anything to either you or the baby.
absoloutely NOTHING... just relax.
You are going to be fine.....but you must relax...babies are more resilient than people think....relax and enjoy this special time in your life.
nothing u would have had to ate a few bottles of it
i think you are very worried for absolutely no reason. I think you need to relax and realize that your baby will live in this world with all the toxins and dreadful things around. You definitely need to be careful and conscious while you are pregnant but it sounds like you are being irrationally worried. A little soap will not hurt your pregnancy. However, excessive or obsessive worry is not healthy for you and it will not do your unborn baby any good. You will also find that once your baby is born, the worrying only just begins. You can not create a perfect world for your child and wanting to or trying to is not good.


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment