Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Can I shampoo carpet with bleach ..i want to pretreat it then shampoo..due to animals and now a baby?

i had two cats and my infant throws up alot so i want to disinfect my carpet so could i use bleach then shampoo...i worry about what infant will be crawling around on any ideas thanksCan I shampoo carpet with bleach ..i want to pretreat it then shampoo..due to animals and now a baby?
Only if it's white. Actually probably not even then, it would probably ruin it. You can by dissinfecting carpet shampoo to go in steam cleaners. you can even buy some that's all natural. I think that'd be a better idea for the sake of your sweet baby.Can I shampoo carpet with bleach ..i want to pretreat it then shampoo..due to animals and now a baby?
geeze! That's so toxic! Even commercial carpet cleaners make me sick for months. I can't imagine what hardships it would present to an infant's system who crawls and lays on the carpet.





I would suggest using Mystical Cleaner. It can be given to a professional cleaner to use in their machines. It doesn't make me sick and cleans well. I use it for carpets, apholstry, the car, and spray it on smelly things and it takes the odor away. It is not toxic, chemically, or a perfume. Very safe, healthy and effective.





I got it at nirvanasafehaven.com on the web. I have no financial interest. You can talk to the owner for advice on that and other things. I also found in locally, so if you have a green ';home depot'; type of store, they may carry it.





Other professional carpet cleaners (a few) will have a cleaner that is designed for people with sensitive systems or intollerance to chemicals. Just call around. Those guys will be the first to admit how toxic their normal cleaners are. The ones that I talked to hate having to use it all day.





Good luck.
I wouldnt put bleach on your carpet unless you already have bleach stained carpet... thats almost a no win idea.





just use a regular steam cleaner. dont worry too much about germs... its important to be exposed to them! kids who arent exposed to germs dont build up an immunity and end up sick all the time.
DO NOT USE BLEACH......LYSOL WILL KILL THE BACTERIA HAVE A PROFESSIONAL CLEAN THE CARPETS AND HAVE THEM DISINFECT THE CARPET
if you can get it done professionally. they use really hot water so it should disinfect it. just tell them your concerns and they'll have special products to use
I use diluted vinegar in my carpet shampooer. It kills bacteria and gets rid of odors, all without discoloring the carpet. The vinegar smell goes away after the carpet dries. Bleach WILL ruin your carpet, and will probably leave a residue that you don't want your cats and baby to get into as well. Vinegar is perfectly safe, no fumes or residues to worry about with the baby!





You can probably find a disinfecting formula made for carpet cleaning as well.
Instead of using bleach go look at the store at the different carpet shampoo they offer. There are a couple brands that have disinfecting products that you can use in a carpet shampooer. Bleach may be a little harsh. I also suggest while you're doing the shampooing to have the cats locked away (bathroom maybe) and have baby with someone else for a little while. Some carpet shampoos have harsh smells that your pets and baby may not like.
I agree with beach answer...........I dont think its nessisary to be a germ freak....kids need to be exposed to build up immunity.....steam clean with hot water and gentle detergent...nothing more!
the heat from the steam cleaning will kill the germs anyways. you dont have to do extra disinfecting, other than whatever carpet cleaner u will use

No comments:

Post a Comment