Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Has anyone ever used the baby aveeno bath shampoo for exsima ? ....?

me and my husband bought some this weekend to try. my son has exsima on his face and head.... we have been trying the exsima cream from wal mart (it has winnie the pooh on the bottle) ....and it doesnt seem to be doing the trick .... so we bought this in hope that it would work ? ...if not does anyone have any suggestions ?Has anyone ever used the baby aveeno bath shampoo for exsima ? ....?
Like Foxforce my son also had eczema when he was little and we had prescription cream and Eucerin lotion along with the Aveeno bath. It helped too. Now my son is 7yrs and we still use the Aveeno bath. When you take you baby in for well check ups talk to the doc about the skin conditionHas anyone ever used the baby aveeno bath shampoo for exsima ? ....?
I used Aveeno bath packs in the water, Aveeno bar soap, and Aveeno lotion on my daughter with every bath until she was almost 3 years old. It was the only thing that worked, and I had to use all three. If I skipped a day for any reason, you could tell the difference. She only had a mild case though. If it's really bad, a prescription might be needed. My daughter's doctor didn't want to go prescription unless we absolutely had to, he advised trying the Aveeno first since her case was mild, and luckily it worked for her.
Try Burt Baby Bees Bathwash, and/or Dr. Tom's of Maine, Lavender Baby wash or Unscented, and Curel Intensive care lotion. MY son had was diagnosed with excema, and this is what I used on him, because it is sulfate and paraben free. Aveeno has sulfates and parabens in it, and that is bad for baby's skin. They use sulfates in anti-freeze. Ever since my baby was a little younger than your son I've been using this, and now his skin is sooo smooth. I don't use it on his face, I use hydrocortizone cream 2%, and you can use the baby bee's on babies hair they sell shampoo too. MY son is 2 years old now, and has no problems with his skin. Remember avoid products with Sodium Laureth Sulfate, or any kind of sulfates, and Parabens. YOu can find Burt Baby Bees at a Whole Foods Grocery Store like Wild Oats or Nature's Pantry, or you can get it at Target. That's where I buy my son's at Target. Good LUck!!!
I have 2 boys w/ eczema and we only use the Aveeno bath products. It doesn't clear it up, per say, but it's the only thing that doesn't make it worse.
How do you know it's eczema? Has your child been seen by the doctor for this rash? My son had eczema when he was little and we had prescription cream and Eucerin lotion along with the Aveeno bath. It helped. You should really take your child to the doc to confirm it's eczema. I assume you haven't b/c if you had then the doc would definitely prescribed something oral or topical for it.
Do you mean Eczema? Make sure it actually is Eczema and not somthing else. Never tryed that stuff before but I have tryed Spectro Kids eczema cream and wash. The doctor said it was okay to use on a baby 6 months +. I worked great and cleared it up right away. I hasn't really came back either. Make sure the Aveno doesn't have any color or smell to it. That can irritate the Eczema even more.


Heres the link to the Spectro cream website: http://www.spectroskincare.com/kids_ecze鈥?/a>


If you buy a cream for the Eczema use it after a bath that will make it work much better. Avoid sudden temperature changes. Keep your child鈥檚 bedroom and play areas free of dust mites (a common trigger).


Good luck with all!

No comments:

Post a Comment