Monday, July 26, 2010

Purpose of baby shampoo on eyelids?

My eye doctor just told me I had an eye infection and gave me some antibiotic eye drops, but on top of that, he told me to wet a cotton ball, drop a bit of eye-friendly J%26amp;J baby shampoo on it, and wash my eyelids with it. He didn't specify much on the exact nature of the infection but I don't think there's anything wrong with my eyelids, just in my eye. So what exactly is the purpose of this procedure? Does it just clean the outside so the infection doesn't get worse?





I'll follow his instructions, but I wanted to know why I was doing it... Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question and the answer is obvious...Purpose of baby shampoo on eyelids?
It's not a stupid question, it does sound like a silly thing to do.





Baby shampoo is used to clean the eyelids, to help reduce redness, itching and dryness. The shampoo can usually give you relief from these symptoms. After you've washed your eyelid with the shampoo you should rinse it off with some warm water on a cloth or cotton ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment