Monday, July 26, 2010

I have a new dog. I have been bathing her with baby shampoo, but...?

I think it is time for a professional grooming (mostly because I am too afraid to trim her nails myself for fear of hurting her). What do you think of the Petsmart grooming place? I would be going to the one is SE Portland, Oregon if that makes a difference.I have a new dog. I have been bathing her with baby shampoo, but...?
i honestly dont like petsmart grooming... it may vary from place to place..


if you ever drop off the dog, make sure you can keep an eye on her all the time. you can see what they are doing to her when they are trimming her nails, cleaning her teeth, cleaning her ears. but if you are getting the dog bathed, then you cant keep an eye on her.


i know someone that worked at petsmart gromming and he used to talk about how he used to hit the dogs that misbehaved I have a new dog. I have been bathing her with baby shampoo, but...?
I would be wary of Petsmart for grooming. Try a small salon in your area. They generally have fewer groomers and don't have the stress of lots of dogs around waiting. You can probably get it done quicker, you would be able to drop your dog off and pick them up as close to the grooming time and your dog would have to wait long. You will be able to talk with the groomer and watch your dog get groomed. The price is probably better for the services.


To find a good salon, talk with people who get their dog groomed. If you like the job on a dog, ask the person who groomer their dog and if they would recommend the groomer. Word of mouth is a great way to find a groomer.
I think that would be a great choice! Petsmart is affordable ($15-20) and they use a strawberry scent shampoo and depending if you have a male or female, they put a cute bandana around their neck and if it's a girl I think they put in cute bows or something of the sort.





Also, the scent does not bother the dog and it usually doesn't take them long to do, and they have a window where you can actually see them do the grooming so you won't have to worry about the dog.





This was my experience with Petsmart in Baton Rouge, LA.





Good Luck!
I'm just not a fan of petsmart grooming, I have a friend that was working in grooming in AZ, and just the story's she told me about the grooming in petsmart horrible.





If your going to get your dog groomed I say word of mouth talk with friends or coworkers neighbors, find out where they take there dogs and how long they have been using this groomer and salon.
petsmart grooming place is great!! they do a great job. but if u get them a haircut they still have tons of hair on the dog. [like the hair that is cut is still on the dog, they dont brush it out] but other than that they do a wonderful job. after ur dog is groomed they will give ur dog a present like a petsmart bandana that goes around ur dogs neck =] idk if they do that in oregon, i live in va.
i have been taking my papillon to petsmart since i got her. they do whatever i ask them to. i spend a lot of time talking to them and they try to do what the people want. they will discuss your dog with you and show you mats that have to be cut out.


if they don't do the dog to your satisfaction, then talk to them about it and see if they can fix.


on the nails, last time i let the groomer grind her nails and i like it a whole lot better.
If you live in the city or anywhere with paved sidewalks, you really don't need to trin your dogs nails. Just take them for a couple of decent walks a day and the concrete will wear the nails down. I've had a dog for the last 15 yrs. and I've never needed to have his or her nails clipped.
You should check with your vet but my vet has told me, ';You should never use human shampoo on your dog as it can create skin problems. About your professional groomers I have no idea';.
I too am nervous about cutting my pups nails so i let my vet do it about once a month.He charges me 拢8 but i consider it money well spent as i am not confident enough to trim them myself! C x
petsmart is great! i dont think it would matter which one..

No comments:

Post a Comment