Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Non-fragrance baby wash/shampoo?

my almost 2 week old son is allegic to anything with fragrance in it, so i cant use johnson and johnson. anyone know of a brand that i can use? thus far i've been washing him in water ONLY, per suggeston of doctor, but once his rash goes away and he is fine again, i'm gonna need to wash w/ soap, right%26gt;?Non-fragrance baby wash/shampoo?
My doctor told me to use soap only a couple times a week with the little ones. I also would say Aveno would work best.Non-fragrance baby wash/shampoo?
My baby is really sensitive too. It is great that you figured this out so early, it took me a couple of months! I use Cetaphil fragrance free soap on his diaper area, and it is very gentle. Also excellent are the California Baby ';Super Sensitive'; products. You can buy them at Wholefoods, at specialty baby stores, and online. http://www.californiababy.com/super-sens鈥?/a>


You are also going to want to use either cloth diapers or disposables with no added chemicals. I suggest Seventh Generation, my baby had persistent diaper rash until I switched. They are wonderful, but of course a little bit more expensive. :( The only place I have found to buy them in bulk is drugstore.com.


A third option is G Diapers, but i did not find them to be very absorbant. http://www.gdiapers.com/


Also, I would not use wipes. Even the fragrance free ';sensitive'; ones give my baby a rash. (although I think Seventh Generation wipes might be ok, I just have had such a bad experience I have not been willing to risk it). When the baby is small, the best thing is those little cotton pads (you buy them where you can get cotton balls at the store), and keep a thermos of warm water by the changing table. Later, you will want to switch to something bigger, I suggest either Viva paper towels and water or these big cotton pads. http://www.californiababy.com/super-sens鈥?/a>


Here's a list of good laundry detergents: http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/de鈥?/a>


Good luck and congrats with your new baby!





EDIT - and yes, I would suggest that you use soap, especially on the diaper area. Also, they can start to get cradle cap if you don't use shampoo. I am surprised that someone suggested not using any soap, that does not seem sanitary to me!





EDIT again - I forgot to post this earlier, it is a great website for selecting baby products. http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/special鈥?/a>
you might want to try some organic baby wash/shampoo for your little one.
No, you don't. Babies don't need any soap. My children are 5, 3 and 5 month and I rarely ever use soap. They are fine without don't worry. If you need something go and buy something for sensitive skin, no matter if for babies or adults, just check the ingredients.





This stuff here has no fragrance.


http://www.aveeno.com/productDetail.do?p鈥?/a>
California Baby Super Sensitive





pricey, but worth it
I'm pretty sure the Aveeno line has fragrance free wash. It will usually be in the infant section
  • colorsilk
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment