Monday, July 26, 2010

Can I use baby shampoo on my puppy? He's 2 months old?

I have a 2 month almost 3 month old puppy. He has gotten super dirty and needs a serious bath. He's stinky and sticky from playing outside and I want to bathe him. I have a shampoo which I got from the pet shop.. It says its for white coats.. my puppy is black %26amp; white.. The shampoo bottle doesn't say any age limits on it (it's not to kill fleas or ticks, I know he's wayyyyy to young for those). I was thinking of using it but im not sure. I was also thinking about baby shampoo. Any advice or experiences would be awesome :)Can I use baby shampoo on my puppy? He's 2 months old?
Aww, nearly 3 months old, I bet your puppy is very sweet! Yeah, you can use any shampoo on a dog, including human shampoo or baby shampoo. Dog shampoo seems to work best and makes them the cleanest. But if yo ever run out just use human shampoo, works nearly as well. There won't be an age limit on it, it wil be for all ages. And the thing about it being for white coats. It just means it specializes in white coats and making them look very white, doesn't mean you can't use it on other colour dogs. This shampoo will work great on your dog and will be absolutely fine.


Hope this helps :)Can I use baby shampoo on my puppy? He's 2 months old?
im not sure about puppies but ive been told by a few people including pet shop and my vet not to use human shampoo on dogs its not suitable for their skin.i used to do it and it can harm ur puppy, it can cause a lot of irritation!! use the dog shampoo!
Don't use baby shampoo, try going for puppy or dog shampoos that don't have as many sulfates and so on in it, they can irritate and dry his skin. I use an oatmeal and aloe vera shampoo all natural stuff, it smells really good and doesn't make their skin dry.
aww... i bet ur puppy is so cute... :) Yes you can use baby shampoo.. hee hee i've used conditioner on my dog to make her hair soft.. it won't hurt ur puppy..
ya! but be careful putting it on. put it on gentle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment