Monday, July 26, 2010

My MAC 187 brush feels oily even after washing it with Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo. What can I do?

My MAC 187 brush, especially the white bristles, feels oily even after brushing it with baby shampoo. What can I do?





I was using liquid foundation with my brush and I saw that the white bristles was stained yellow. Thus, I poured some baby oil thinking that it can help me remove the yellow stain. It worked!





BUT, after that, the white bristles feels oily even when I washed it with baby shampoo. I washed 3 times already, the first 2 times after it dried, it still feels oily. I'm still waiting for it to dry after the third wash.





Please advice on how I can remove the oil - it doesn't feel oily when it's wet. But when it's dried, the white bristles feels oily and when I brush it on my hand, the area the bristles touched looks shiny.





TIA!My MAC 187 brush feels oily even after washing it with Johnson %26amp; Johnson's baby shampoo. What can I do?
Use a dish soap with hand conditioners, such as Palmolive. Dish soaps are formulated to get the oil out, and the hand conditioners will keep your bristles conditioned.





I use a homemade brush cleaner on all of my MAC brushes, and I've never had any problems. Here's the step-by-step walkthrough. You probably already have most of the ingredients laying around your house!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FwklwLsS鈥?/a>





Hope this helps!My MAC 187 brush feels oily even after washing it with Johnson %26amp; Johnson's baby shampoo. What can I do?
Buy the mac brush cleaner
buy a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment