Friday, July 30, 2010

Do any of you Moms still use the Baby Washes/Shampoos they said had traces of lead in them?

Everything I use on my Daughter was on the list.





We use the Aveeno Baby Wash- Because she has dry skin, and sensitive, and eczema.





For her hair, we use Johnsons %26amp; Johnsons Baby Shampoo





I dont know what to do- I dont want to harm her with continued use, but everything else I've tried breaks her skin out. Is this just a hype because scientists are bored, or is this a really alarming notice?





Also, what do you use to wash/shampoo your babies? If you use products they have said have traces of lead in it, will you continue to use? Why/why not?Do any of you Moms still use the Baby Washes/Shampoos they said had traces of lead in them?
What is the world coming to!!!! Now we can't even give our children a bath!!!!! I use Huggies and Johnson %26amp; Johnson products and have ever since Liam was born. That is very very scary and down right irresponsible of those companies!!!!!!!! Thank you for letting us know about this because I had not heard of that and thank you for posting the link!Do any of you Moms still use the Baby Washes/Shampoos they said had traces of lead in them?
I use huggies baby wash, I never heard that there was lead in any of the products, it's scary, you try to protect them and sometimes theres hidden dangers, my son likes to suck on so many things (books, tags on toys, the phone) im always wondering what he may have ingested. have they been recalled or anything? I think skin exposure doesn't allow much absorption.
I never heard of lead being in baby products!





I have heard of formaldehyde being in baby soaps, which may lead to cancer.





And no, I no longer use those products. I began buying a organic all natural wash for my son now.





Here is the article on the formaldehyde. If you have an article about lead, please post it as I have heard no such thing.





http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-N鈥?/a>
No more Shea butter wipes for us, I guess. Insert tear wiping her.





Yes - I use several of the products on the list - Aveeno baby soap/shampoo, Huggies wipes and others.





Yikes. I'll finish what I have up and print the lists to go shopping with me next time.





Thank you sooooo much for the heads up - I really appreciate it!





(:
Holy crap! Excuse my language but I have NOT heard of that! Can you post a link about it; the story you read??





I used Johnson's at the beginning %26amp; more recently use Aveeno unscented %26amp; the lotion unscented as well. Helps w/her skin.





Please post a link if you can.





THANK you for posting some. I appreciate it.
Thank you for posting this as I had not heard about it until now.
Try your local natural foods store. Brands that you could try: Burt's Bees, California Baby, Kiss My Face, Dr. Bronner's Castile soap (my least favorite, especially using it for shampoo). I don't know for positive off the top of my head that these brands are formaldehyde free, so check the label.





When reading the labels of things, keep in mind that the ingredient list may have it under another name. This site lists some (toward the bottom of the page). http://www.lotusorganics.com/articles/Fo鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment