Friday, July 30, 2010

My 3-month-old baby has lots of hair and I find some flakes on her sculp. Is shampooing once a week too much?

my baby just got the same thing (cradle cap) about a week ago(she also has lots of hair), I rubbed olive oil on her hair aand scalp and used a baby comb and combed in small circles and then against the hair growth with the comb flat against her scalp(be careful over the soft spot!) until the flakes stopped showing up (clean the comb off every few minutes, alternate circles and comb flat against scalp) then wash good, wash every couple days, repeat oil and combing when you see more flakes. It took me about 2 hours of combing to get rid of her flakes even though it only seemed to be a small area . her scalp looks fine now.





good luck!My 3-month-old baby has lots of hair and I find some flakes on her sculp. Is shampooing once a week too much?
Sounds like cradle cap...my friend (a pediatrician) told me to put a dime sized amount of selsun blue on my baby's hair, rub it in and leave it for a couple of minutes while I finish the rest of her bath. Repeat this every other day for a total of three treatments. It worked like a charm! I wish I knew this for my first daughter whose hair was almost non-exsistent.





Also, cradle cap will go away if you do nothing at all. Using a soft brush can help minimize the visual flakes! Good Luck!My 3-month-old baby has lots of hair and I find some flakes on her sculp. Is shampooing once a week too much?
your baby has cradle cap, its pretty common , its just like an over growth of dandruff babies get. I would suggest washing her hair more often, and rubbing baby oil on it. See if you can gently comb off some of the flakes while its soft, so just when she comes out of the bath. You should shampoo her hair every other day.
NO SHE PROBABLY HAS WHAT IS KNOWN AS CRADLE CAP. ITS AN OVER PRODUCTION OF THE OIL THAT COATS OUR HAIR. RUB A SMALL BIT OF BABY OIL INTO HER SCALP ONCE OR TWICE A DAY AND THEN BRUSH HER HAIR FOR A WHILE. IF THAT DOESNT WORK THEN YOU CAN GO BUY SOME CRADLE CAP STUFF AT ANY MAJOR CHAIN STORE IN THE BABY SECTION.
No, that is not too much. She has cradle cap. The best solution is a cradle cap brush (in the baby section) and the Gentle Natural's Cradle Cap Care (with Pooh bear on the front I think) at Walmart. It smells FANTASTIC and is the only thing that worked for my baby and my friend's baby.
It can be cradle cap. My daughter had this. The pediatrician had said to rub a little bit of olive oil into the dry areas (flaky areas) and use a soft bristled brush to break up the flaky part. After a few weeks it went away but was quite unsightly.
I doubt it. I have always bathed my daughter everyday. For a short time she had some cradle cap but it is harmless.
NO You could also try putting some baby oil on the hair and takeing a soft brush and rubbing some of those flakes out . That is what i did for caddle cap. That is what most women i know do.
do a search on cradle cap! Perfectly normal
No, not too much. It could be cradle cap. Try putting some baby oil on her scalp and using a soft baby brush.
nah thats fine it is probably just craddle cap most babies (with hair) get it - my son was born with lots of hair %26amp; he had it your doc should be able to give you something to take it away!! :)
she might have the starting of cradle cap, its nothing bad. just put baby oil on it and if that doesnt improve use a baby brush to remove excess skin and put baby oil on afterwards
  • makeup products
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment