Monday, July 26, 2010

Can I use Jonson's Baby shampoo on my pet mouse when giving her a bath?

Once every two weeks I like to give my pet mouse, Lucy, a bath. But just washing her in plain water takes all the dirt off, but leaves the smell behind. So, I wanted to use some shampoo on her, and I know that you can use baby shampoo on some other animals.Can I use Jonson's Baby shampoo on my pet mouse when giving her a bath?
As any vet would tell you, bathing mice removes natural and essential oils from the mouse鈥檚 coat, which can cause sickness and death in mice. Bathing should only be done in exceptional circumstances, like if your mouse has paint, varnish or anything toxic on its coat that may cause harm if it licks itself or ingests it.





Mice, like other rodents such as hamsters, rats, and gerbils, will clean themselves on a regular basis as needed. Normally there should be no need to bathe your mouse with water at all during the course of its life, and certainly you should never use a substance such as a shampoo or soap on your mouse. If you really need to give your mouse a ';bath';, purchase some chinchilla dust at your local pet store. The mouse can roll around in that to cleanse himself.Can I use Jonson's Baby shampoo on my pet mouse when giving her a bath?
dont wash her with the shampoo too much.





I kind of thoink you're bathing her too much.... you should only bath her when she gets too dirty cleaning her cage really takes care of the rest... but a drop of shampoo in the bath should be ok... don't use it every time though every other time might be ok... also if she doesnt like baths I would only give her them when shes really dirty and use a drop every time.
Are you serious? Mice don't need baths and you should never give them one. They clean themselves. If she get dirty wash her with a baby wipe but she shouldn't get dirty because she cleans herself. You can really stress her out by giving her a bath and she could die. I don't even bath my dog every two weeks.
I would be hesitant to use any shampoo on a mouse, given her small size. That said, I know there are some shampoos that are marketed specifically for small animals. They're typically a bit pricey, and probably don't do much, but they are worth considering.
omg that's sooo cute... u bathe Ur mouse! awww. why dont u go to pet smart and get her a powder bath. its just a ceramic hut for your mouse to hop in and then they roll around in the powder which absorbs smalls and cleans them. my hamster loves hers. it was only like $10 too. its a great way to clean Lucy without running risk of hurting or drowning her!
Never give your mouse a bath, no matter how dirty it is. Chinchilla sand, which can be purchased at a pet store, is a good alternative. It is safe for mice and many of them like to roll in it. It will remove excess oils from the fur.
You should'nt even give them a bath in the first place. Because of their tiny limbs, they could get seriously injured in the water and they could drown because they are so small they are not made to swim.
I guess it is ok to use no more than a drop, just to take the smell out. Mice have skin thinner than babies so I don't know how it will afect him.
are you kidding me no





go to petsmart.com go to care and buy the shampoo





you can't put Jonson's on a hamster


jonson's


side effects my include





lost of hair and death
Use a small amount of the shampoo it shouldn't be unsafe. Its safe enough for baby I'm sure its safe for your pet. Mice are pretty tuff!
What!? Why are you giving your mouse a bath?! What dirt?


And if your mouse smells, it's because you're not changing her cage enough!
...
yes, as long as once a wk and 1 drop is enough
  • colorsilk
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment